Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 upgrade

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

As mentioned at the following link:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd49db0

I went to:

http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/

and put our contract number and waited for 5 weeks now and still haven't got the DVD with the LMS 3.2 kit.

Can someone guide me on what is the procedure to get this LMS 3.2 kit.

Second Question:

================

I presume we don't need any Licenses to install / run LMS 3.2 once I get teh DVD.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could contact the Cisco's ordering customer service to see what's wrong with the upgrade order. Those numbers can be found at:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ordering/cs_info/or3/o31/ordering_transactional_customer_service_contacts.html

If you already have an LMS 3.0 license, then you will not need a new license for LMS 3.2.

I would like to ask a question and add information:

Net Tips

You can go to this url for having the upgrade if you have a service contract, with a valid CCO user.

http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp

Question:

I have proceed to this way to get the upgrade of the LMS 3.1.

• We received an email from: mp-upgrades-emea@cisco.com saying that the upgrade has been processing
  • This upgrade order contains, an Order number Online ID and that's it

Does the new CD have a serial number ?

I ask this because we need to update our database . I presume that , once from the GUI, the LMS has been registered with licences from the 3.1 version.

But in case of , by security, the internet access has been denied ( for the most of my customer ), how can we know the new serial # ?

What is the process ?

Does it keep the old serial number ?

Thanks for your answers.

Each DVD comes with its own serial number, but the license used by 3.1 is the same as the one used by 3.2.  There is no need to get a new license.  LMS 3.2 can simply be installed over an existing 3.1, or as a new installation using the existing 3.x license.

Hello, Joe,

Please see the message that i get from the licensing team in CISCO:

Please include the following line in all replies.

Tracking number: CT20091211_0000001156

Hi Richard,

My name is Dimple K R. I am a member of the Cisco Licensing Team

I would like to inform you that the LMS licenses are not node-locked to any serial numbers. Hence, the licenses can be used on any servers.

Thank you for contacting Cisco Systems Inc.

Kind Regards,

Dimple K R

Global Licensing Operations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the oppsosite of what you have mentionned on the last message .

Should i open a case to the TAC ?

Richard

This is exactly that same thing I said in my last post.  While each DVD comes with its own serial number, the license is not bound to any host or to any version.  An LMS 3.0 license can be used to activate a copy of LMS 3.2 on any machine.  You just need to make sure you have one unique license per installed copy of LMS.

Hello,

I understood everything that you have written under your last answer.

So , ok, the upgrade can be done with a license of a LMS 3.1.........................

Right, but my customer has received his DVD without any serial number.

Here, in Telindus, we used to trace this item to update our database.

Futhermore, the customer used to install the software to another server , for avoid the inconvenience of a fresh install on same server.

For that moment, we don't know saying if it's LMS 3.1 running of a LMS 3.2 unless if we use a way to connect on it ( deny, the most of the time for security reason).

Thanks

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco