cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask to rate

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

Is it ok, if we ask for rating when we give suggestions on netpro, like a small line tag at the end

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can ask but it doesn't guarantee you'll get one.

He he he ...

It's Ok, i just want to know if it is a netpro Etiquette or not violating any policy

You can ask but it doesn't guarantee you'll get one

+5 for the nice laugh which i had after reading your line. More hilarious than a joke.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Virender,

It's not against any policy here. So, it's completely up to you. Like Leo nicely noted (+5 points for your always good natured look at life Leo :) it may or may not help with receiving ratings.

I stopped saying;

"please remember to rate helpful posts..."

along time ago, because it just didn't seem right for me. I don't see any problem with asking, although, I don't agree with demanding ratings.

I think you will find that if the post/answer is excellent it will receive the rating it deserves in most, not all, cases.

This is why when I see an extremely good answer I always take a moment to give a nice rating and give a nod to the person who took the time to post it up.

Just my Friday morning thoughts here :)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the ratings Rob.

I don't see any problem with asking

Not when you have gazillion points. Besides, you're hitting the ceiling so many times, Dan is having difficult time finding a tag to catch up with our score.

He he he ...

Thanks Leo

Thanks Rob :)

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Virender

As Leo/Rob have said there is no problem with asking for ratings.

Personally, being British, we find it hard to do that sort of thing so i don't bother but i don't have a problem with people who do.

The only thing i would add though is that if you do ask for a rating be prepared for both good and bad ratings :-). There are occasions when a suggestion may not help the original poster and if you always ask for a rating he may well decide to give you a 1 for not helping.

Jon

Or he/she may give you a "1" because the response (no matter how correct) happens to contradict their expectations or design.

Some people just can't handle the truth ...

He he he ...

Amen to that.

Hey Paolo,

I knew you'd agree! He he he ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links