questions: Auto Attendant and others

Answered Question
Oct 8th, 2009

hi guys,

i am pretty new with this linksys system.

i have spa 9000 and spa 400, and 4 pots lines, i am able to configure the extension and voice mail with no problem through wizard. but the implementation isn't completely done.

1. i would like to be able to configure my first 3 pots lines going to a group call where each phone rings, and i want my last pots line for did line for 1 extension only.

2. i would like to be able to setup aa after hours, so callers have the option going to individual extension or leave message to general mailbox.

3. how many participants are allowed? (not meet-me conference)

4. does the overlay button available?

5. how to configure direct transfer to voice mail?

thank you so much guys...

Correct Answer by William Childs about 7 years 4 months ago

blueshcis20,

If I understand correctly, you want to have 3 ports on the SPA400 ring a hunt group when you receive a call on them. Then on the 4th port you want it to ring a single extension, and only that extension.

1. Use the wizard to create the hunt groups and tell the wizard to ring the hunt group ext. for x number of seconds before sending the call to the AA. The DID configuration will come later.

2. The SPA9000/SPA400 does not necessarily have a "General Delivery Mailbox". You would simply need to create an extension and give it a mailbox, then just not have that extension reachable from the AA. You could then use it as a GDM, but you would need to assign that extension to one of the other buttons on each phone. This way you could pick up the handset, push the button beside the GDM, and then check the mailbox. You also cannot set the system to ring a hunt group and then call forward to a voice mailbox. You would have to set it up so that when the night time AA is in effect, calls go straight to the AA and you can write a translation rule that says :

<1:vm4100>

This will be in the AA dial plan and it means when the caller presses 1 in the AA, translate that to extension 100 vm on line 4 of the SPA9000. In this case the SPA400 would need to be registered to line 4 of the SPA9000. You will also need to make sure that CFWD Bridge, XFER Bridge, and VMSP Bridge are set to all. If you register your 400 to any other line on the 9000, just substitute the 4 in <1:vm4100> for the line that you registered it to.

The auto attendant would then say something along the lines of :

"If you would like to reach _______ please dial their extension, otherwise please press 1 to leave a voicemail in our general mailbox."

3. Not really sure what you mean by how many participants are allowed. You can register up to 16 phones....

4. The Sipura systems do not have overlay buttons. They do allow call waiting, call park, call pickup, speed dial, etc. (found in manual)

5. Configuring direct transfer is also in the Admin guide found here:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1750

6. Now to the DID configuration.

On the lineX tab of the 9000, you have a contact list field. In this contact list will be where the 9000 looks to compare the dialed number to the rules of contacting user extensions. For example if only aa is in this box ALL calls go directly to the AA. However, if the contact list looks like this:

15551234567:100|aa

then all calls FROM 15551234567 will be sent directly to extension 100. All other calls will go directly to the AA. For your situation, change the 15551234567 number to what ever your DID is and then change 100 to the extension you want it to go to. Keep the other syntax the sam and everything should work fine.

As you can see the wizard will be how you initially configure the system, but in order to use the advanced features you will need to manually configure them according to this and the Admin guide.

Good luck and please post your results.

Bill

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
William Childs Fri, 10/09/2009 - 02:44

blueshcis20,

If I understand correctly, you want to have 3 ports on the SPA400 ring a hunt group when you receive a call on them. Then on the 4th port you want it to ring a single extension, and only that extension.

1. Use the wizard to create the hunt groups and tell the wizard to ring the hunt group ext. for x number of seconds before sending the call to the AA. The DID configuration will come later.

2. The SPA9000/SPA400 does not necessarily have a "General Delivery Mailbox". You would simply need to create an extension and give it a mailbox, then just not have that extension reachable from the AA. You could then use it as a GDM, but you would need to assign that extension to one of the other buttons on each phone. This way you could pick up the handset, push the button beside the GDM, and then check the mailbox. You also cannot set the system to ring a hunt group and then call forward to a voice mailbox. You would have to set it up so that when the night time AA is in effect, calls go straight to the AA and you can write a translation rule that says :

<1:vm4100>

This will be in the AA dial plan and it means when the caller presses 1 in the AA, translate that to extension 100 vm on line 4 of the SPA9000. In this case the SPA400 would need to be registered to line 4 of the SPA9000. You will also need to make sure that CFWD Bridge, XFER Bridge, and VMSP Bridge are set to all. If you register your 400 to any other line on the 9000, just substitute the 4 in <1:vm4100> for the line that you registered it to.

The auto attendant would then say something along the lines of :

"If you would like to reach _______ please dial their extension, otherwise please press 1 to leave a voicemail in our general mailbox."

3. Not really sure what you mean by how many participants are allowed. You can register up to 16 phones....

4. The Sipura systems do not have overlay buttons. They do allow call waiting, call park, call pickup, speed dial, etc. (found in manual)

5. Configuring direct transfer is also in the Admin guide found here:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1750

6. Now to the DID configuration.

On the lineX tab of the 9000, you have a contact list field. In this contact list will be where the 9000 looks to compare the dialed number to the rules of contacting user extensions. For example if only aa is in this box ALL calls go directly to the AA. However, if the contact list looks like this:

15551234567:100|aa

then all calls FROM 15551234567 will be sent directly to extension 100. All other calls will go directly to the AA. For your situation, change the 15551234567 number to what ever your DID is and then change 100 to the extension you want it to go to. Keep the other syntax the sam and everything should work fine.

As you can see the wizard will be how you initially configure the system, but in order to use the advanced features you will need to manually configure them according to this and the Admin guide.

Good luck and please post your results.

Bill

Tedy Nugroho Tue, 10/13/2009 - 07:42

thanks for the response. i kinda get it now, i will try these steps.

question for DID:

i put my last pots line on FXO# 4, so it should be line 4 right. do i have to change the anything on the spa400?

is it possible to upload customized ring tone to the system?

thank you again.

William Childs Tue, 10/13/2009 - 22:35

blueshcis20,

The port-id on the SPA400 is what matters in this situation. Go into the SPA400 and for the FXO_Port_ID, change that to the DID. Make sure that whatever line is attached to that port is the number that is being dialed when someone calls. This will be the SIP invite the SPA9000 sees when a call is received on that port. The LINE tab on the SPA9000 is not at all associated with the PORT that the pstn line is attached to. That only matters when making outbound calls. This means that when port 4 of the SPA400 receives a call it will generate a SIP invite to the SPA9000 with the FROM field = to the FXO_Port_ID for port 4. All of the SPA400 invites will land on the SPA9000 on the same LINE. This will be whatever line you have registered to the SPA400.

i.e. SPA400 registered to LINE 4 of SPA9000. The SPA9000 will ALWAYS receive calls form the SPA400 on LINE 4, however the SPA400 may have received the call on PORT 2 of the hardware.

For your second question, yes you can upload a custom ring tone to the "system". It will not be system wide though. You will need the Admin guide for the specific model phone to have the proper steps. There is not a system wide ringtone. Each ringtone is specific to each phone and that is where it is configured.

Bill

Tedy Nugroho Wed, 10/14/2009 - 08:21

- yes, i see port ID on the SPA400. So for my goal,  I need to change the port ID#4 (DID line) and change the contact list on line4 on SPA9000.

- how do you upload the custom ringtone? i normally work with uc500 system, and i use tftp to upload and issue tftp-server comand from the command line. Bill, could you explain how i can implement this?

Actions

This Discussion