Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE : Public and Private Network

csshenoy80
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

We have the UCCE setup distributed at 2 geographically separate locations. The Public network is connected over a 100Mbps link and Private is currently connected over a 2Mbps link. '

We are planning network link upgrade, with 2x1Gbps redundant link between the 2 sites. Can we have both the 100Mbps and 2 Mbps link on the redundant 1Gbps link by means of bandwidth reservation and QoS configured?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

SebastianV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It is possible to use a single WAN link for the public and private links. Check page 2-36 of the UCCE 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 SRND documentation for details.

HTH

--basv

Hi

I have referred the srnd earlier, however it only mentions the usage of single or dual links for private network only.

The SRND actually covers only the private network for Unified ICM Central Controller Private and Unified CM PG Private Across Single or Dual Links in the document segment mentioned.

Kindly suggest.

You're right, I misread. Apologies.

>Can we have both the 100Mbps and 2 Mbps link on the redundant 1Gbps link by means of bandwidth reservation and QoS configured?

Don't do that.

My best advice to you is to have totally disparate links, as you have today.

Just keep that 2mbs link for the private and upgrade the public to 1Gb. It's ideal if the private and public are handled by different carriers - you are encouraged to do EVERYTHING in your power to avoid dual failure.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

Geoff is right, that is recommended and best practice, but due to few limitations we are running Geographically distributed sideA and B (private+visible) on a single physical link and not facing major issues except whenever there is WAN outage only side a is running. (max number of pg's on sideA)

Regards,

Muhammad AR

Hi

Will this setup be supported by Cisco TAC?

Yes, but 90% cases closed by TAC with two different WAN links recommendations.

Regards,

Muhammad AR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: