Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for Stuck CICs

lfplaimer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a PGW2200 and we are facing a stuck CIC problem. Im trying to monitorate it thru zabbix but I cant find the correct OID for the information. DOes anyone knows it, or can point me some document where I can find the OID ? I googled in many ways but for some reason I couldnt find the information.

Best Regards.

Luis Fernando Laimer

6 Replies 6

donaliforb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Luis,

I don't know of any OID targeted at hung CICs. How do you know the CIC is "stuck"? What are the different call legs? You most likely will need to capture a full trace for both call legs as well as an MDL to be able to analyze whats causing them. I have seen ISDN interworking, or MGCP interworking or even memory leaks in 9.6(1) when the machine runs out of RAM and starts using Virtual memory cause hung calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vcallcon/ps2152/products_tech_note09186a008022565c.shtml

and see the prt-call command for a cic that is hung.

Hope it helps.

Donal Whooley

Iforb GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland

In my google search I found that it is possible to monitore it. Cacti actualy does this monitoring. So I assume that exists a OID that gives this information. Unfortunelly, the document did not specified the OID used in the proccess.

Best Regards

When I use the command:

rtrv-tc: it returns as follows:

CIC=1,PST=IS,CALL=IN,BLK=NONE"

CIC=2,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=NONE"

CIC=3,PST=IS,CALL=OUT,BLK=NONE"

CIC=4,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=NONE"

CIC=5,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=NONE"

CIC=6,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=NONE"

CIC=7,PST=IS,CALL=IN,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=8,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=9,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=10,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=11,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=12,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=13,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=14,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=15,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=16,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=17,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

CIC=18,PST=IS,CALL=IDLE,BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL"

Those identified by BLK=MATE_UNAVAIL wont work.

I guess its an issue of our service provider, but for now I need to monitore the occorence of this situation.

Best Regards

I'm pretty sure the OID for "MATE_UNAVAIL" blocking on all SS7 cirecuits is:

From the OMT Guide MATE_UNAVAIL means.

"Locally blocked on a nailed-up system due to a media gateway event (for example, a group service message received from the media gateway or the media gateway is out of service). If the associated switch is not responding to group unblock messages, the CICs stay in the MATE_UNAVAIL circuit block state. Your CICs will be in this state when you bring up the Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch or media gateway. Once the associated switch acknowledges the unblock message, the CICs are taken out of this state. If the CICs stay in the MATE_UNAVAIL circuit block state, troubleshoot the problem with the media gateway."

Hope this helps.

Donal Whooley

When I run a snmpwalk, I have the results, above. Do you know the difference between 300 and 1800 ?

By the way, thank you very much for the help. I was looking for this OID for a long time.

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2496.1.1.3.10.1.98.1376257.300 = Counter32: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2496.1.1.3.10.1.98.1376257.1800 = Counter32: 0

I would has it a guess that the

.300 is the average number of bloked circuits over the last 330 seconds and 1800 refers to 1800 seconds.

The output is also given for each individual SS7 tgrp.

Rgds

Donal Whooley

Iforb GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: