Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 2.1 System Status

7bridgesol
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get the system status to work in CCA 2.1

I obtain my IP info from Verizon.  The subnet is 255.255.255.255.

The error I get is a subnet mask can have 1-31 bits.

Bit specified 32.

I have no control over that, I get my info from Verizon.

How can I fix this or is this a flaw in CCA?

Other clients that have verizion i get same issue when i open up CCA on-site

7 Replies 7

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Having a static IP address with a 32-bit subnet mask is not conventional. This can actually lead to issues with routing IP packets to next hop. Can you check with Verizon whether this is the correct subnet mask? Have they given you a default gateway/router IP address? To be able to provide the next hop to UC 500, you will need this to be a /30 mask (255.255.255.252).

Thanks,

Saurabh

Steven pointed out that this may be case with a PPPoE connection. Let me check with CCA team to see if we can get this featurette in sometime soon. I will update the thread - stay tuned.

-Saurabh

I am using PPPoe with verizon and the two clinets I have the same issue with are the same.

We will try to get this functionality implemented in the upcoming CCA maintenance release 2.1.1 (due later this month). If that's not doable, we will get it in around the November timeframe.

Thanks,
Saurabh

no problem.  Thought it was my new laptop causing the problem.

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

The problem described here does not apply to any of our customer sites. However, I have found a problem introduced into CCA 2.1 that does not occur in CCA 1.8, 1.9, or 2.0. CCA 2.1 actually detects whether or not User Account Control is enabled and will refuse to launch if User Account is enabled. CCA 1.8, 1.9, and 2.0 can be launched on Windows Vista with UAC enabled without getting any kind of error messages or unusual behavior. Will this be fixed in CCA 2.1.1 or CCA 2.2?

We have had another partner report the same issue. I've outlined a workaround for this in thread - https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/5730?tstart=0

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: