Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2 service not starting after switch back

I'm running CUCM in a lab. I just did an upgrade on a server. I started with a demo copy of CUCM 6.1.1, upgraded to 6.1.1b, then to 6.1.2SU1, then to 6.1.4SU1a. The 6.1.4SU1a works, the phones register. But, I did a "backout" and booted back to 6.1.2 version and the CallManger service won't start. All other services start except the CallManager.

On the Admin page of 6.1.4 there is a warning in red letters: "License warning: System is operating on demo licenses. Please upload relevant license files. Please visit the License Report page for more details." The admin page of 6.1.2 doesn't have that but the CallManager service just won't start. Could this be a licensing issue? Or, is there something else to look for? This is a lab environment, one pub and 5 phones. The 6.1.2 version worked when I first upgraded it. But now, reverting back, there's some problem. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Recommend you start with the product documentation about licensing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a02licen.html#wp1139268

Then check this:

Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_3/cucm-rel_note-613.html#wp472518

Installation/Upgrade (Migration) Considerations

After you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(3) from a compatible Cisco Unified CM 5.x or 6.x release, the Cisco CallManager service does not automatically run, even though Cisco Unified Serviceability shows that the Cisco CallManager service is activated.

Same aplies to 6.1.4

If you have SW Feature license for 6.0 ( a real license, not a demo license), then it will work on 6.1.4 as well, on upgrade.

Please make sure the customer is operating on a real 6.0 SW Feature license and then upgrade.

To check whether it is a "real" SW Feature license please look at the uploaded license files on the License Upload Page.

HTH

Gonzalo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: