Helpful
Replies

Migrating to IPIVR 7.x from IPIVR 3.5.4

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding the migration path for IPIVR 3.5.4

I am looking into migrating to IPIVR 7.x from IPIVR 3.5.4 and below are some questions that I have in front of me right now.

- Can I do a direct upgrade from IPIVR 3.5.4 to IPIVR 7.x ?

- I understand that IPIVR 7.x is Linux base. Will all data get migrated including scripts ? any special tool that I need to migrate the data ?

- I am currently running IPIVR 3.5.4 on an MCS-7835. Can I run IPIVR 7.x on MCS-7835 ? I am thinking about re-use the hardware for the upgrade.

- Do I have to get new license key for the migration ?

- Has anyone gone through this migration before with the same version ? I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Thanks in advance !!!

Danny

2 Replies 2

jasonprescott
Level 1
Level 1

No direct upgrade from 3.x to 7.x. 7.x requires a newer version of th MCS-OS that requires a server re-build, so the steps involved in completing the upgrade get complicated. The only direct upgrade paths to 7.x are from 4.5 and 5.x

IPIVR 7.x is not linux based, it is still windows based.

There are many different versions of 7835's out there, so its hard to say weather your hardware is compatable or not. Best to refrence the SRND on that.

Yes, new licences are needed.

Hello Jason !! thank you and I appreciate your response !!! I am trying to get my VOIP environment up to date and that includes IPPC Enterprise 6.0, IPIVR 3.5.4, CAD 6.0, CallManager 4.1.3 and Unity 4.0.3 . I am in process of trying to map out each component and figure out the best path to take to get to the latest release.

I really appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: