DFM 3.2.0 - Cannot view polling parameters for device groups

Unanswered Question
Oct 9th, 2009

I am running DFM 3.2.0 on a Windows 2003 Server.

When I try to view the polling parameters for a group of devices, I recieve a warning message stating:

"The selected group has no devices.

Please select a group with devices."

If I look in the device details, the devices are in a known state and the Device Type is defined. It appears that DFM may not be polling the devices right now, as the only alerts I see in the Alerts and Activities is in the "other" category which appear to be originating from the devices (syslogs or traps).

I also am seeing errors in multiple log files. I attached the DFMOGSServer.log and the PTMServer.log files as well as a pdshow output.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Fri, 10/09/2009 - 11:12

It looks like you have some database problems. You can try shutting down DFMOGSServer, then run NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/triveni/WEB-INF/classes/rmkilnerogstable.pl

Then restart Daemon Manager to see if your devices show up. If not, you will need to open a TAC service request as direct database access may be required to properly fix this problem.

jabeck018 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 12:38

The first option did not resolve the issue. I have a TAC case open and will work with them. Thanks.

This Discussion