Voicemail to Email

Unanswered Question
Oct 9th, 2009
User Badges:

Okay I have tried and tried to get this to work and nothing.

I have followed the instructions just to get a voicemail out to email.  Not worried about the mwi being correct.  Just need the voicemail to hit an email so someone out of the office could respond to it while not in the office.

IMAP would be great, but you can't get that out on your smartphone away from office.

I have setup an SMTP server with correct username and password.  Add the enable notification for the user and added their email account.

Several tested voicemails and nothing.

How can I verify to what is exactly going on like a debug ccsip message.  Is there a command I could use to verify what is occuring after the voicemail is left.

Any idea as to what the email senders address would look like, so I could add it as a trusted sender.

This just seems useless if setting up another IMAP account in outlook to retrieve.  I would be at my desk and notice the mwi, what would having it appear in outlook really do for me.

I need to ability to have the voicemail appear on the smartphone with just a simple pop3 email account.  The user can clean out voicemail when back in office, but at least they have responded to something quickly.

Any thought on this would be appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
7bridgesol Fri, 10/09/2009 - 11:16
User Badges:

The Page You Have Requested Is Not Available

The page you are trying to access may have been moved to a different location or removed. If you typed the address, please verify that the spelling is correct.

If you have experienced repeated difficulties in reaching our site please close all browser windows and restart your browser.

I can't get to that one as well.

7bridgesol Mon, 10/12/2009 - 09:02
User Badges:

yeah I have done all that.

I have upload a file to show you right from the service module all settings verified.

SMTP server is configured

Outgoing email done and configured the email for the user.

Now one thing I think might be causing the issue is my email company go daddy, is using port 80 for outbound smtp email.  Normally you would use port 25.  Is this something I can change?

It just seems so easy, but its not working.

IMAP works fine, but again, I should be able to send an email to anyone's email address outside of the office.

Attachment: 
Marcos Hernandez Mon, 10/12/2009 - 09:30
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Port can be changed from the CUE CLI with the "smtp server address" command. Let me know if that works.

Marcos

7bridgesol Mon, 10/12/2009 - 19:18
User Badges:

I see no way to change which port to use for sending email.  Is this configurable?

7bridgesol Mon, 10/19/2009 - 19:48
User Badges:

I could not find anything on changing the port number any ideas on this.

Steven Smith Tue, 10/20/2009 - 12:12
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

This is more of a shot in the dark, but try this.

ip nat outside source static tcp <25> <80>

You might have to play with some of the other NAT settings to make this work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/command/reference/iad_nat.html#wp1011984

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f2f.shtml#summary

7bridgesol Thu, 10/22/2009 - 05:43
User Badges:

where u state ip of go daddy, would this be the ip from the smtpout.secureserver.net?

This might be a little more than I thought would be needed to make this work.

Steven Smith Thu, 10/22/2009 - 12:05
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Yes, you would try the IP of that.  I haven't tried doing this before, but it is the only way I think to try to make this work.  It might require a few other tweaks as well.  But, it is a direction you could try.

7bridgesol Fri, 10/30/2009 - 10:21
User Badges:

I put this command in: ip nat outside source static tcp 64.202.165.58 25 64.202.165.58 80 extendable

Now I can't send email from outlook either.

There has to be an easy way for this to work.  I also tried using a gmail account and still could not get email out of the system.

If anybody is reading this and has got email out to another email account other than IMAP please respond.

Actions

This Discussion