Views
Helpful
Replies

video conference call with MCU and CUCM

lal.mohammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got CUCM7.0 and IPVC3545, on the CUCM i have created the SIP trunk and one route pattern pointing to the SIP trunk, and the on the MCU on the protocal clicked ont SIP and gave the cucm ip and enebaled the sip, and then service wiht the distop video.

Now when i dial the created service prefix from the two diffirent 7985G i only get the audio there is no video at all, but when i make the point to point call it works fine.

I have not added the mcu as the conf bridge, is that required or anything else i am missing.

Please let me know it will be of great help.

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

It sounds like audio only conf bridges are being selected for your calls.

You need to add the MCU to the media resource groups used by your video endpoints.

CUCM7.0 introduced a new feature called "Intelligent Bridge Selection" which allows CUCM to allocate video-enabled resources more intelligently.

Check out the link below for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wp1089126

Hi Lal,

I got same issue, audio conference only, no video,

Would you share the solution ?

Rdgs

Dennis

I believe the sugegstion made by James will be able to solve this issue.

Register MCU as part of the Media Resource group and add that MRGL to the Cisco Phones.

If you want to me more specific or to narrow down the issue

then create a new MRGL and only add MCU as resource then assign only that Media resource to the phones. Test out the calls.

Regards

m

Hi,

I did, I put all phones and SIP trunk to use same MRGL with MCU conference brige inside

CM version 7.1.5
MCU IPVC version 5.7

SCCP phone 7960 with CUVA with WEBCAM
SIP phone 9971/w CAM and SIP9951/w CAM

MCU IPVC-3515 with SIP and SCCP enable to CM and config AA(DN1800) in MCU

Route pattern 1800 points to SIP trunk to MCU

the difference is

7960 makes call to AA, CUVA has pop-up screen about create a conference/ join by ID (this screen is from MCU)

but SIP9971/CAM or SIP9951/CAM make call to AA, no screen from MCU and they can create/join the conference with audio only

It is OK if ad-hoc confernce (it is by SCCP) between them SCCP and SIP phones

Is anything missing in CCM or MCU ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: