Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern - Route Pattern conflicts - CM 7

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Translation Pattern XXXX with urgent priority checked in call manager 7.

I also have a Route pattern with 9.011! predot.

When I dial 9011xxxx international or national i get a error message 'your call cannot be completed as dialed...' when I hit the 4th digit.

However when I unchecked the urgent priority in my TP, I can make the international call.

The partitions are in the same css and I have other RPs in the same css and they are working .

I can't turn off the urgent priority in the TP otherwise something else will not work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Because urgent priority is checked, as soon as you dial 9011 it matches the XXXX Translation Pattern (obviously not what you want - which is why it states the call cannot be completed.

Is it possible to change the XXXX Translation Pattern to [0-8]XXX - that way when a leading "9" is dialed it will not match?

If not, National and International calls will probably start with 9-0 and 9-1. You could consider trying to get these to "not match" your Translation Pattern by making two separate Translation Patterns:

[0-8]XXX

9[2-9]XX

These should match everything except patterns starting with 90 and 91.

Rob.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Because urgent priority is checked, as soon as you dial 9011 it matches the XXXX Translation Pattern (obviously not what you want - which is why it states the call cannot be completed.

Is it possible to change the XXXX Translation Pattern to [0-8]XXX - that way when a leading "9" is dialed it will not match?

If not, National and International calls will probably start with 9-0 and 9-1. You could consider trying to get these to "not match" your Translation Pattern by making two separate Translation Patterns:

[0-8]XXX

9[2-9]XX

These should match everything except patterns starting with 90 and 91.

Rob.

Thanks Rob. Appreciate your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: