Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern - Route Pattern conflicts - CM 7

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Translation Pattern XXXX with urgent priority checked in call manager 7.

I also have a Route pattern with 9.011! predot.

When I dial 9011xxxx international or national i get a error message 'your call cannot be completed as dialed...' when I hit the 4th digit.

However when I unchecked the urgent priority in my TP, I can make the international call.

The partitions are in the same css and I have other RPs in the same css and they are working .

I can't turn off the urgent priority in the TP otherwise something else will not work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Because urgent priority is checked, as soon as you dial 9011 it matches the XXXX Translation Pattern (obviously not what you want - which is why it states the call cannot be completed.

Is it possible to change the XXXX Translation Pattern to [0-8]XXX - that way when a leading "9" is dialed it will not match?

If not, National and International calls will probably start with 9-0 and 9-1. You could consider trying to get these to "not match" your Translation Pattern by making two separate Translation Patterns:

[0-8]XXX

9[2-9]XX

These should match everything except patterns starting with 90 and 91.

Rob.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Because urgent priority is checked, as soon as you dial 9011 it matches the XXXX Translation Pattern (obviously not what you want - which is why it states the call cannot be completed.

Is it possible to change the XXXX Translation Pattern to [0-8]XXX - that way when a leading "9" is dialed it will not match?

If not, National and International calls will probably start with 9-0 and 9-1. You could consider trying to get these to "not match" your Translation Pattern by making two separate Translation Patterns:

[0-8]XXX

9[2-9]XX

These should match everything except patterns starting with 90 and 91.

Rob.

Thanks Rob. Appreciate your help