Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Backup failed

xyzjames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a UCCX backup failed issue with one of our clients.

It's a UCCX 5.0(1)-SR02ES08-Build083. When i tried backup, the bar stopped at 5% and the error message is like this:

Unable to contact Call Manager. Please make sure that the Call Manager is running and connected to the network com.cisco.archive.impl.component.cluster.ClusterArchiveComponent; nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Fail to acquire bootstrap mutex; nested exception is: com.cisco.app.ApplicationException: can not acquire ClusterMutex; nested exception is: com.cisco.config.ConfigException: Get config record - error: catch cisco.config.ConfigException UnmarshalException; nested exception is: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: Premature end of file. - with linked exception: [org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.], refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details

Can anyone give me some idea?

Thanks

James

7 Replies 7

atalante
Level 1
Level 1

I suggest you to use bars from call manager.

Regards,

Farid

Thanks a lot buddy!

James,

did you find the solution for this problem (other then using BARS from CUCM)?

I have the same problem on version 5.0(2)_SR02ES11_Build110.

any ideas would be appreciated.

BR,

Jelena

Allan Perocho
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known issue. Workaround is to STOP the CSA and run the backup schedule.

Hi

Most common reason for the backup to fail is due to lot of RAW files in the folder "c:\program files\cisco\desktop_audio"

If there is more than 2 GB data in that folder I will suggest you to manually remove those files and see if the backup goes through. If its HA check both the servers

Regards

Anuj

The error message itself is fairly generic.

If its failed in the first 10% then it hasn't really passed the initial post checks.

Ideally you should look at the MIVR/MCVD to determine exact causes however a few things to check.

- Nic Binding

- Ensure there is no IPV6 configured on the UCCX

- Backup location is valid

- Host files are updated with UCCX node 1,2 and Call Managers

Hi James,

If backup is still failing after following Hoai's advice; please check to see if a lock has caused an issue with a previous backup. You can open appadmin and go to Tools > Backup and Restore > Status. If the backup has not run for sometime you most likely have a lock. You can do the following

1. Go to 'C:\program files\wfavvid\ClusterData\Default\' folder on CRS server;

2. Rename 'com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.LockConfig' folder to 'com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.LockConfig.bak';

3. Restart nodemanager

Then try a backup.

Regards,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: