cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME ring 2 different DNs at the same time

rclemenger
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to ring 2 different DNs on different phones at the same time in CME. Here is my example. I am a retail center. A customer calls but I may be busy. I don't have voicemail. I want my number to ring approximately 4 times then start ringing an overflow DN that appears on a different phone while it continues to ring my phone. I was able to accomplish this in CallManager by creating a hunt group with both DNs in it and setting it to broadcast. Is there anyway to do this with CME 7.1

10 Replies 10

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can create a Parallel hunt group (Call Blast).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1145800

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

In CME these are referred to as;

Parallel Hunt Groups (Call Blast)

In a parallel hunt group, calls simultaneously ring multiple phones. Using parallel hunt groups is also referred to as application-level forking because it enables the forking of a call to multiple destinations. In versions earlier than Cisco Unified CME 4.3, only SIP phones support parallel hunt groups. In Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions, SCCP phones also support voice hunt groups.

You can enable functionality similar to parallel hunt groups on SCCP phones by using the ephone-dn overlay feature for shared lines. See the "Shared-Line Overlays" section.

In the following parallel hunt group example, when callers dial extension 1000, extension 1001, 1002, and so on ring simultaneously. The first extension to answer is connected. If none of the extensions answers, the call is forwarded to extension 2000, which is the number for the voice-mail service.

voice hunt-group 4 parallel

pilot 1000

list 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004

final 2000

timeout 20

The number of ringing calls that a parallel hunt group can support depends on whether call-waiting is enabled on the SIP phones.

If call-waiting is enabled (the default), parallel hunt groups support multiple calls up to the limit of call-waiting calls supported by a particular SIP phone model. You may not want to use unlimited call-waiting however with parallel hunt-groups if agents do not want a large number of waiting calls when they are already handling a call.

If call waiting is disabled, parallel hunt groups support only one call at a time in the ringing state. After a call is answered (by one of the phones in the hunt group), a second call is allowed. The second and subsequent calls ring only the idle phones in the hunt group, and bypass the busy phone that answered the first call (because this phone is connected to the first call). After the second call is answered, a third call is allowed, and so on until all the phones in the parallel hunt group are busy. The hunt group does not accept further calls until at least one phone returns to the idle/on-hook state.

When two or more phones within the same parallel hunt group attempt to answer the same call, only one phone can connect to the call. Phones that fail to connect must return to the on-hook state before they can receive subsequent calls. Calls that arrive before a phone is placed on-hook are not presented to the phone. For example, if a second call arrives after Phone 1 has answered the original call, but before Phone 2 goes back on-hook, the second call bypasses Phone 2 (because it is offhook).

When a phone returns to the idle/on-hook state, it does not automatically re-synchronize to the next call waiting to be answered. For example, in the previous scenario, if the second call is still ringing Phone 3 when Phone 2 goes on-hook, Phone 2 does not ring because it was offhook when the second call arrived.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1145800

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to do. Do you know if there is a way to keep it from displaying the forwarding information? When it rings the hunt group it shows "FORWARD Original Calling Number FOR Called Number BY Called Number". I would like to remove the FOR/BY information if possible.

Hi,  from my understanding of the document, this can ring other IP phones at the same time. Is there a way to configure Parallel hunt group to ring both my extension plus my cell phone at the same time? I'm using Cisco Unified Communication Manager Express CME 7.1.

I'm new to configuring Cisco phones so any help would be great.

Thanks,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

CME 7.1 supports SNR which is what you are looking for

Configuring Single Number Reach (SNR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html#wp1011757

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Thanks Rob! Appreciate your help! Sorry, I meant to give you five and I clicked on the 4 star area and it won't let me add the extra one.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, have the overflow DN set as CFNA on the first, and shared via overlay on the same button.

No ephone-hunt is required for this.

Thanks the Parallel hunt as sugessted by other would not work for this particular manager. I am trying the ephone-dn overlay on the buttons. This seems to meet his needs. do you know how to stop the caller id information on the forwarded call. It shows forwarded 9195551212 for 201 by 201. I would like to remove the for/by portion.

Actually that is a long waited feature finally now almost working, in which both calling and forwarding numbers are presented.

The still wrong part is "for 201" that should be the sencond DN number.

I do not think you can disable it, but if you downgrade IOS even just a step, will go away.

I need to correct myself. The display is working correctly, as the "for XX" indicates the Original Called Number, in this like as in most cases, coincides with Redirecting Number.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: