cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with FXS "Call not end-to-end ISDN"

mohamedessoufy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a port FXS, the incomming call is disconnected with : Cause i = 0x87FE - Unknown cause value

Progress Ind i = 0x8281 - Call not end-to-end ISDN, may have in-band info.

the config is :

voice-port 0/1/0

cptone FR

dial-peer voice 999010 pots

service mgcpapp

destination-pattern 603215000

port 0/1/0

Can you help please

12 Replies 12

Hi Mohamed,

please try this

"isdn not-end-to-end ?"

thanks

thanks in advance for your assistance hytham,

i don't find the command ner in the global nor port level ?

thanks

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not the real cause.

Report the complete trace.

i aggre with, because i can't join these analog phones from internals ip phones too.

the fxs ports are well mgcp registred in the callmanager.

when i hang-off a analog phone behind a fxs port i have a like busy tune but with less frequency, and not a normal tume that invite to enter number to call.

Switch to sccp controlled config, more features and less bugs.

I install the gateway there a customer multisites, and they must controll the E1 port of gateway by MGCP, I think tjhat itisn't possible to control E1 by MGCP and FXS by SCCP ?

E1 is best controlled by H.323 or SIP, FXS is best controlled by SCCP.

well i see, but the customer hopes that the E1 access be controlled my mgcp, i want to ask you if can controll FXSs port witch in the same gateway of the E1 port by SCCP or not ? i think all the gateway ports are controlled by the same protocol !!

Yes, any port can be controlled by a different protocol.

H.323 and SIP remain the best protocols and a professional should decide, not the end user.

I agree with you "a professional should decide"

In this case where the customer decide that the E1 be controlled by E1, can i configure the same gateway a second time but in sccp mode and in this last configuration use sccp for FXSs port, or use the actuel configuration with MGCP ?

Yes, as said above.

I configure the FXSs port in skinny and i still have the same problem, i see that when i connect an analog phone that's works fine but when i connect a fax that's ring one time and the call is cut

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: