Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM and WIM

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I want to know about EIM and WIM that whether for EIM, exchange server or hosted email server is required? and whether for WIM, web server is required?. If yes then how the integration is done. i have checked the CRS administration pdf but there is no detail about WIM and EIM. Can some body provide the link for detailed and step by step guide of "Email integration manager" and "web integration manager configuration" of IPCCX 7.

Regards

Nareh

12 Replies 12

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

Have you found the solution or not?

currently i am workin on CCM configuration (related to CCM). IPCCX servers have not arrived yet at the premisis when they arrive i will read the EIM/WIM

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

Have you found the solution or not?

>Have you found the solution or not?

Well, this is pretty strange. I wonder why this question was given 3.0 points?

Regards,

Geoff

at least someone contacted and asked about his satisfaction so maybe someone liked it, No worry friends I have no plan to beat anyone.

hi,

Actually in my question i not only requested the links for WIM/EIM but also wanted to know whether to run WIM/EIM for IPCCX i need a server (middle ware) between the IPCCX server and Exchange/Web server or the installation will be done on IPCCX or Agent's PC. I am still confused regarding the query.

Regards

Naresh

You will need to look at the SRND

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_42/design/guide/cisco_im_ccx_srnd.pdf) for WIM/EIM as their are several deployment models. Regardless of the deployment model WIM/EIM will need to be installed on its on servers. DO NOT install WIM/EIM on the UCCX server as this is an unsupported configuration.

Joe

hi,

is it possible to achieve the functionality of wim/eim with crs scripting... without using the wim and eim.

regards

I am not sure about your question. What are you trying to acheive? WIM/EIM are a standalone (UCCX) Web based Chat and Email applicaition for Contact Center agents to provide chat and email functionality to customers. CRS scripting alone could not provide this function.

hi,

I actually opened CRS config ordering tool to get the price and order the IPCCX7 and i read the following warning.

" Cisco email and web integration manager will be end of sale august21,2009. cisco stronlgy recommends that no new deployments include EIM/WIM"

so i wanted to ask whether ipccx provided builtin/integrated feature of WIM/EIM now on??

Regards

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

No WIM/EIM feature built in IPCCX.

Regards,

Muhammad AR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: