Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM7.1-K9-DL320G5P / Software can be install in any HP hardware

If I purchase CM7.1-K9-DL320G5P alone I can install the CUCM 7.1 software in any cheep server hardware.

Or it is always better to order MCS7825H4-K9-CMC2 itself from cisco, Could some one please advice.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bala,

This is the "master" list for Server support, the CUCM build will not pass the Hardware detection phase on an unsupported server model (and fail);

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

For more information about supported Cisco Unified CM upgrades, see the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Software Compatibility Matrix at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

so it is always better to order MCS server & software with Cisco itself or get the software alone with cisco and order HP server separately, which one is better one in terms of cost savings ?

For example if need CUCM to support 1000 user I need to order only alone:

MCS7825H4-K9-CMC2

LIC-CM7.1-7825=

Could you Please light me to ordering info of CUCM 7.1 or any PPT regarding this for this please share with me

Hi Bala,

We prefer to order the Cisco branded MCS servers like the one you listed;

MCS7825H4-K9-CMC2

It is somewhat cheaper to order the Hardware from HP and the Software seperately from Cisco, but we have found that the support from TAC is much easier with the MCS branded boxes. The cost difference up front is mitigated by the superior support down the road.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks a lot for your reply and explanation.

Again one more question, if I order software alone from Cisco for CUCM 7.1 and order HP server directly with HP, do I need to buy appliance license also "LIC-CM7.1-7825=" or appliance lic is not necessary if I buy software from cisco.

I am bit confused in software alone ordering.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: