cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP IOS file transfer fails

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Trying to transfer a new IOS image to a switch and I continue to receive this messsage in the middle of the transfer? Ideas?

%Error reading tftp://XX.XX.XX.XX/c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SE2.bin (Transfer Aborted)

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What TFTP server are you using?

some TFTP servers crash if the file is more then 16Mb.

I use pumpkin TFTP server and it is pretty good.

HTH

Reza

gfremgen
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and it was with the software as the other post stated, can you look at the log on the server side. I always use a source command for TFTP so I can look at FWS with a dump and I know for sure what IP it is sourcing from. But I would say to check the software and try FTP and see what you get.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Means that the file is not found in the default folder of the TFTP server.

Leo

The original post says that the error is "receive this messsage in the middle of the transfer". If the issue is that the file is not in the default folder how does any transfer take place?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good point Rob. I missed that. :(

I guess the only way, since he's copying the .bin file anyway, is to TFTP from an existing 3750 with this IOS.

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You may be running out of flash space on the switch for the image to be transfered. Check the flash: "dir flash:"

I have same issue, while downloading it works fine and while uploading it is failing in middle, what is the fix for this..? , I have enough space in Cisco 3850 flash, I am using Cisco tftp application

And there is enough space in flash,Cisco  3850

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card