Views
Helpful
Replies

*** ETHERCHANNEL Load question ***

gfremgen
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have read every doc on ethchannel and how it load balances traffic depending on src mac, ip l4port etc, I can not find any info on the command output for the show etherchannel detail command. What I am looking for is the load portion, at the end of the command. I have a 8 port channel and I want to know if the load column tels me actual traffic load but if I add them it goes above 100 so I know it is not percent. Here is an abbreviated portion of the output.

Ports in the Port-channel:

???

Index Load Port EC state No of bits

------+------+------+------------------+-----------

0 01 Gi2/1 Desirable-Sl 1

1 02 Gi2/2 Desirable-Sl 1

3 04 Gi2/3 Desirable-Sl 1

2 08 Gi2/4 Desirable-Sl 1

4 10 Gi3/1 Desirable-Sl 1

5 20 Gi3/2 Desirable-Sl 1

7 40 Gi3/3 Desirable-Sl 1

6 80 Gi3/4 Desirable-Sl 1

A link or short description would really help.

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greg,

Not 100% sure, but if the meaning of this load is the same as when you do for example "sh int po 15" then if you use below formula, you line number 6 80 Gi3/4 is about 35% saturated

From the commad referene:

load

Load on the interface as a fraction of 255 (255/255 is completely saturated), calculated as an exponential average over 5 minutes. The calculation uses the value from the bandwidth interface configuration command.

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card