ct_yau
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured NAT using a Cisco router. The following commands are used:

ip nat outside

ip nat inside

ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

The results:

1. The outside hosts can communicate with the inside hosts by specifying the inside global addresses as destination, no problem.

2. The inside hosts can access the outside hosts (outside local == outside global); the outside hosts see the connection to be from the inside global addresses, no problem.

3. The inside hosts cannot access themselves (the same server or another server in the segment) by specifying the outside global addresses as destination.

Is there a way to allow 3 above?

3 Replies 3

ktwaddell
Level 1
Level 1

So if I'm reading this right, you want to be able to connect from the inside to other devices on the inside, but using the global ip address?

>> So if I'm reading this right, you want to be able to connect from the inside to other devices on the inside, but using the global ip address?

Yes.

>> So if I'm reading this right, you want to be able to connect from the inside to other devices on the inside, but using the global ip address?

Yes.

I have never tried such a thing when all you have to do is use the inside address.

Check your routing and ACL's is correct and check logs to see anything gets logged when you're trying it out.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card