Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1/ Dynamic UT

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Heelo dear all.

Does anybody has already use the Dynamic UT in LMS 3.1 ?

The value entered seems having no impact under the results in the report.

The traps are well sending to the LMS from the Switch .The machuic log confirm this:

2009/10/08 11:44:03 pool-1-thread-1 macuhic INFO MacUhicDBTransaction: No data in the MAC notification entry.getMacEventSize() is 0

Decoder Stage: deviceIP : xxx.yyy.168.228 timeStamp : 200237633 Processed : true

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dynamic UT works fine for me. What version of Campus Manager do you have? On what switch types have you configured MAC address notification traps?

The version of the Campus Manager is a 5.1.3 one.

The switchs used are 3750 and 6500 series.

The version is a 12(2) one for both , i think, but i will precise that.

I know of no issues with dynamic UT in CM 5.1.3 that would account for MACUHIC ignoring traps for these switch types. I suggest you open a TAC service request, so that tracing can be enabled on the MACUHIC process, and these traps can be analyzed.

The switchs identity's are:

- IOS 12.1(22)EA11 / WS-C2950G-48-EI

- IOS 12.2(44)SE1 /WS-C3750-48PS-S

They have been chosen for doing the tests.

Do you have this kind of switchs installed of your LMS lab's ?

I mean that maybe we have forgotten to set some value under the switch themselves.Please see the configuration set for the SNMP part, that i have posted.

This config looks okay. As I said, you should open a TAC service request so the required tracing can be performed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: