Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with WiSm 5.2.157 AP authentication

n.allisat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a problem with an AP which is not joinig the wism. The log at the wism tells me:

*Oct 12 14:07:08.866: %LWAPP-3-RADIUS_ERR: spam_radius.c:138 Could not send join reply, AP authorization failed; AP:

*Oct 12 14:07:08.856: %LWAPP-3-PAYLOAD_MISSING: spam_lrad.c:6008 Join request does not contain BOARD_DATA payload

*Oct 12 14:05:26.710: %LWAPP-3-RADIUS_ERR: spam_radius.c:138 Could not send join reply, AP authorization failed; AP:

I don't know what could be wrong. The console of the AP tells me:

*Mar 1 00:00:52.717: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:00:52.717: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

*Mar 1 00:00:58.726: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:00:58.726: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

*Mar 1 00:00:58.751: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

The AP gets the IP Address via DHCP successfully.

Sincerly

5 Replies 5

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Could you specify which AP model? Which AI address does it get from the DHCP server? Management IP or AP Manager IP?

Has this AP joined a controller before?

Thanks

The model of the AP is 1131. The AP joined another Controller (WLC4404) before successfully.

I don't know what you mean with DHCP Managment IP oder AP Manager IP. Both IP's are in the same subnet. The AP DHCP Pool is in that subnet too. I use an external DHCP Server.

Is this a mesh AP? The only reference I can find to te "BOARD_DATA" message is with regards to when child mesh AP's try to join a controller.

Also - looks like you could have the AP Authorization List enabled, and that this AP is not in the list of authorized AP's.

This is usually a good article to review for troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

No, it is not a mesh ap.

How can I disable the AP Authorization List. I have no List AP's configured in this list. The list is empty.

I was now successfully. I made an entry in our radius server and disable all marks under security ap policy except SSC. Now the AP joins the wism.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card