Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with WiSm 5.2.157 AP authentication

n.allisat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a problem with an AP which is not joinig the wism. The log at the wism tells me:

*Oct 12 14:07:08.866: %LWAPP-3-RADIUS_ERR: spam_radius.c:138 Could not send join reply, AP authorization failed; AP:

*Oct 12 14:07:08.856: %LWAPP-3-PAYLOAD_MISSING: spam_lrad.c:6008 Join request does not contain BOARD_DATA payload

*Oct 12 14:05:26.710: %LWAPP-3-RADIUS_ERR: spam_radius.c:138 Could not send join reply, AP authorization failed; AP:

I don't know what could be wrong. The console of the AP tells me:

*Mar 1 00:00:52.717: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:00:52.717: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

*Mar 1 00:00:58.726: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:00:58.726: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

*Mar 1 00:00:58.751: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

The AP gets the IP Address via DHCP successfully.

Sincerly

5 Replies 5

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Could you specify which AP model? Which AI address does it get from the DHCP server? Management IP or AP Manager IP?

Has this AP joined a controller before?

Thanks

The model of the AP is 1131. The AP joined another Controller (WLC4404) before successfully.

I don't know what you mean with DHCP Managment IP oder AP Manager IP. Both IP's are in the same subnet. The AP DHCP Pool is in that subnet too. I use an external DHCP Server.

Is this a mesh AP? The only reference I can find to te "BOARD_DATA" message is with regards to when child mesh AP's try to join a controller.

Also - looks like you could have the AP Authorization List enabled, and that this AP is not in the list of authorized AP's.

This is usually a good article to review for troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

No, it is not a mesh ap.

How can I disable the AP Authorization List. I have no List AP's configured in this list. The list is empty.

I was now successfully. I made an entry in our radius server and disable all marks under security ap policy except SSC. Now the AP joins the wism.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card