Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 IP Phone Reset / Administration Mode

cheres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Picked up a few 7920's second hand (yes, there old, but they are for my lab) - needless to say, the last person to have them locked them down pretty tight. It seems they are set to "Disabled" (as in, past restricted) - basically I can not change any settings on the handset itself.

The handset is stuck on "authenticating with AP" , but since I don't know the SSID its looking for, or even the key- I'm kind of stuck (and, I did try w/ the SSID as cisco, and open auth with no luck)

The reset procedure (Menu -> *## -> Send ) does not work, and I can not reset via the phone lock / password reset either

I do have the USB base station and the proper software- but of course, since I can not enable USB mode, I can't get any system to acknowledge that a device even exists.

Of course, since the phone is EOL, I can't get a SmartNet contract any more, to top things off, that is!

So, was wondering if anyone had any ideas - little desperate here, don't want the phones to go to waste!

Thanks!

CJ

2 Replies 2

Thanks - I did read that previously, alas it was no help, since I can not lock the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: