UC520 - fxo line being timed out at CO

Unanswered Question
Oct 12th, 2009

I currently have a UC520 using 2 analog lines from CO. every other day the main line does not work, CO says there is a phone off hook but there is not... After long thought about what could be happening I think it is this...

There are calls coming in from companies using auto dials. When my Auto Attendant picks up there is no selection made and no disconnect. Is there something I need to set up on the UC520 to disconnect the call or is this something the phone company needs to do? Please advise.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Mon, 10/12/2009 - 17:36

Disconnect supervision from the originating (Telco line side) is controlled by the Telco (on hook for loop start) and this event is detected by the FXO port on the UC500 and should disconnect the call.

Are these loop start lines or ground start lines?  CCA allows configuration of either type.

Also, make sure the wiring is correct (not reversed tip and ring).

Steve

chrissy3710 Tue, 10/13/2009 - 14:25

Thank you! I had the phone company out and they confirmed the lines are "home run" lines (gound start). they were able to get a dial tone after pluging in directly to the line. I rebooted the UC520 and lines seem to be working again. We will see for how long. Thank you for the info! much appreciated!

Actions

This Discussion