Balancing outgoing calls...?

Unanswered Question
Oct 7th, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm using the UC520 with 4 FXO ports, and I have the following scenario:

- In the office where is installed the UC520 there are 2 trunks lines. Each trunk has the same carrier package consisting of unlimited long distance calls and 200 local calls for each trunk, it means 400 together. After the 200 local calls each call is charged. The total estimate local calls that the office makes is 350. So the requirement is balance the local calls using the UC520. But only the local calls, not all the calls in a round-robin including cellphones, long distance, etc, no, only the local calls.

In a manner we have the following:

1. Dial Local number  ---> Exit trunk 1

2. Dial Local number  ---> Exit trunk 2

1. Dial Local number  ---> Exit trunk 1

2. Dial Local number  ---> Exit trunk 2

3.Dial Long distance number -> Exit trunk 1

4 Dial Local number ---> Exit trunk 1 (Trunk 1 againg, because the last time that dial a local call was 2).

What do you think?... Grettings...!

--

Miguel Ortiz

[email protected]

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Thu, 10/08/2009 - 06:24

I was thinking maybe we can do this with CCA....

You can define members of an FXO PSTN Trunk group, so you can put two lines in a trunk group and you can balance traffic between them by using one of the huntingschemes offerred.  Then you could assign it to the local outgoing dial plan....

FXO_Hunt.GIF

The same FXO lines can not be in muliple PSTN trunk groups though, so any dial plan code you point to them would share the same way as well.....

nethumcisco Thu, 10/08/2009 - 18:16

Hi Steve,

but remember that the two trunks are used for locan and long distance, both. If I include both trunk lines in the same trunk group, I will have a share distribution, isn't? (including long distance, cellphone, local calls, etc).

Because, for example I can have the following:

Call No. 1. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 2. Long distance call using Trunk 2

Call No. 3. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 4. Long distance call using Trunk 2

Call No. 5. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 6. Long distance call using Trunk 2.

Call No. 549. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 550. Long distance using Trunk 2.

And at the end of the montly period (remember that the carrier includes 200 local calls per trunk line). I will have:

275 local calls made using Trunk 1 and 0 local call using Trunk 2.

I think that I should to have a separate longest-idle control for each type of outgoing calls (locals, LD, etc), to have this effect:

(I put Trunk 1 or 2 in long distance, because remember that the long distance call are unlimited, there isn't a maximum calls)

Call No. 1. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 2. Long distance call using Trunk 1 or 2

Call No. 3. Local call using Trunk 2 (regardless the previous call was outgoing via Trunk 2, because the previous local call was outgoing via Trunk1 this call  should be made it via Trunk 2.

Call No. 4. Long distance call using Trunk 1 or 2

Call No. 5. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 6. Long distance call using Trunk 1 or 2

Call No. 7. Local call using Trunk 2

Call No. 8. Long distance call using Trunk 1 or 2

Call No. 9. Local call using Trunk 1

Call No. 10. Long distance call using Trunk 1 or 2

What do you think?

Greetings...!

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content