cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to 8.2 from 7.2.4 (ASA5510)

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am running 2 pairs of Cisco ASA5510 which terminate VPNs and provide perimeter security to our business. I would like to upgrade the code to benefit from the VISTA supported SSL vpn client.

Has anyone done this from 7.2.4 to 8.2 and have they found the new version of code to be stable and bug free.

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We've been running 8.2 since about a week after it came out. Very stable and have had no problems with it. It's running on about 12 firewalls in our environment.

Hope that helps.

I concur with Collin, we too have been running 8.2 for few weeks and yet have not experience any anomalies affecting production, this does not means it is bug free. I would suggest to read 8.2.x release notes opened caveats and plan accordingly to not cought you in surprises.. but overall thus far 8.2 is very stable in our environment.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As others mentioned, a lot of people are running 8.2(1) without any problems, but YMMV.

Note that for Anyconnect (the new name for SVC) you don't need to go to 8.2, you can opt for 8.0 which is a bit more mature.

Also, 8.2(1.11) and 8.0(4.32) are the latest interim releases available on CCO, they include some bugfixes that are not in 8.2(1) and 8.0(4).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: