cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial Pause

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way to add a 2 second pause between numbers when adding a speed dial to a phone in CUE?

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

You may be able to do this using CLI on UC 500 (only for analog FXO trunks). Create a pots dial-peer with destination pattern matching the entire speed-dial number. Add the prefix command to this dial-peer with a "," between digits as required. I haven't tested this, but it should work - give it a try.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

It wouldn't work for the numbers you add in CUE, but you could do bulk speed dials.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1033709

The control for adding pauses lies at the telephony interfaces that provide a transition from IP network to PSTN network. If you need to add pauses for multiple speed-dials, you will need to create a unique POTS dial-peer for each one. Below is an example of a POTS dial-peer (for FXO port), that will add pauses when dialing out.

dial-peer voice 5100 pots
destination-pattern 914085551234
port 0/1/0
prefix 1,4,0,8,5,5,5,1,2,3,4

In the above dial-peer, the PSTN access-code 9 will be stripped off and pause will be inserted between each digit that's dialed out.

HTH,

Saurabh

Thanks for the info.

I did not give enough info on my situation.

I have users that want to access a general delivery mailbox (ext 210) from their phones.  I have them monitoring the mailbox on their phones.  To access the mailbox, you would dial the voicemail ext (280) or press the voicemail button, hit the * key, type in ext 210#, then the password of 1234#

They said that was too many steps so I wanted to set a speed dial that does something like 280,,*,,210#,,1234#.  I tried it without the pauses but it did not work.

My idea might be totally off base but it was the only thing I could come up with.

Alright, yes, that won't be possible. Since they have a GDM, their primary extension could be setup as a member of the GDM. They could then login to their mailboxes and press option 9 to check for new messages in the GDM.

-Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: