restarting RME

Unanswered Question
Oct 13th, 2009

is there any other way other than stop/start dmgtd to restart RME? when I do sync archive the job keep staying on pending state for hours. I have tried on 405 different devices but still the job is hanging, do i need restart dmgtd or I can restart some process?

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 10/13/2009 - 07:27

You can restart ConfigMgmtServer alone, but the problem will most likely come back. There are quite a few known bugs with config archive locking up in LMS 3.1. I suggest you move to LMS 3.2 to get the fixes for all of them.

To restart ConfigMgmtServer, run:

pdterm ConfigMgmtServer

pdexec ConfigMgmtServer

raindrop18 Tue, 10/13/2009 - 07:50

thanks, actually we have 3.2 and the issue is on going since we have installed 3.2.

I have attached dcrclent.log

These are repeating in the dcrclient.log. We have verified we do NOT have any debugging enabled, but for some reason these lines just keep repeating every 2 or 3 seconds.

There are 4 distinct threads shown here. These might be a side-effect of the real cause, not real sure.

Attachment: 
Joe Clarke Tue, 10/13/2009 - 08:16

These messages (and anything in DCR) have nothing to do with config archive operations locking up. In order to analyze that, you will need to open a TAC service request when the problem is occurring. Then, a full thread dump can be captured for ConfigMgmtServer, and it can be analyzed to see why the operations are locking up.

As for the DCR debugging, check NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/log4j-dcrclient1.properties,log4j-dcr.properties, and log4j-dcrclient.properties, and make sure there are no instances of DEBUG in these files. If there are, change them to FATAL, then restart Daemon Manager.

raindrop18 Tue, 10/13/2009 - 08:58

thank J. can you tell me how to do "full thread dump can be captured for ConfigMgmtServe " to submit to TAC. also I need to do this job while running archive job, am I correct?

Joe Clarke Tue, 10/13/2009 - 09:15

This is not a simple process. TAC can walk you through the steps.

Actions

This Discussion