cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restarting RME

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

is there any other way other than stop/start dmgtd to restart RME? when I do sync archive the job keep staying on pending state for hours. I have tried on 405 different devices but still the job is hanging, do i need restart dmgtd or I can restart some process?

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can restart ConfigMgmtServer alone, but the problem will most likely come back. There are quite a few known bugs with config archive locking up in LMS 3.1. I suggest you move to LMS 3.2 to get the fixes for all of them.

To restart ConfigMgmtServer, run:

pdterm ConfigMgmtServer

pdexec ConfigMgmtServer

thanks, actually we have 3.2 and the issue is on going since we have installed 3.2.

I have attached dcrclent.log

These are repeating in the dcrclient.log. We have verified we do NOT have any debugging enabled, but for some reason these lines just keep repeating every 2 or 3 seconds.

There are 4 distinct threads shown here. These might be a side-effect of the real cause, not real sure.

These messages (and anything in DCR) have nothing to do with config archive operations locking up. In order to analyze that, you will need to open a TAC service request when the problem is occurring. Then, a full thread dump can be captured for ConfigMgmtServer, and it can be analyzed to see why the operations are locking up.

As for the DCR debugging, check NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/log4j-dcrclient1.properties,log4j-dcr.properties, and log4j-dcrclient.properties, and make sure there are no instances of DEBUG in these files. If there are, change them to FATAL, then restart Daemon Manager.

thank J. can you tell me how to do "full thread dump can be captured for ConfigMgmtServe " to submit to TAC. also I need to do this job while running archive job, am I correct?

This is not a simple process. TAC can walk you through the steps.

ok. thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco