Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 MOH Issue: Music playing slowly

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a .wav file that I converted into a .au file using Audacity.  It has been sampled at 8000Hz and in mono mode and then exported as a ulaw .au file.

The file sounds like it has been drastically slowed down.  I have messed around a little with pitch/tempo/speed but I am just wondering if there was a mistake that I made somewhere along the line.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeff,

We haven't seen any issues where UC 500's alters the speed of the flash based MoH file. I would recommend that you start with the original file and make fewer changes at a time. Upload the new file to the system (with fewer changes), place a call on hold and fine tune accordingly.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Do you know of another editing software package I should use?  As soon as I change the bit rate to 8000Hz it slows everything down.  I had come across a posting on this site to use Audacity.  Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks,
Jeff

Audacity is a pretty decent tool. Can you give some reference for "Slow"? Is the time (length) of the music file increased? For example, was the original music 2 minutes long and after changing it to 8000 bps, has it gone up in duration? Can you attach both files (original/processed) to this forum?

-Saurabh

I had this to happen to me once before.  Using Audacity, I was splicing two different audio files together. (an RTP stream .au file and a music track .wav file)

The RTP stream was set to 8000Hz while the other track was saved at 44100Hz.  Once I saved the music track at 8000Hz, it sounded awful.  To be completely honest, the only work around I came up with was tweaking the speed and tempo.

I attempted to work with the tempo/speed but couldn't get it sounding like I wanted it to sound.  I ended up importing the file into our full blown CM and letting it get encoded that way.  Then I took it from CM to CME and everything seems to be working great.  It works for me but not everyone has access to CM like I did.  I wonder if anyone else has a work around for just CME???

Thanks for your imput.  I will post a clip of the "slowed down" file tomorrow.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: