cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Core dump on Data Center 7341 WAE

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

I've got a major alarm on our 7341 that only states "core_dump". Is there any way to find out more about this - what caused it, ect. The information on the alarm states "user space Core files were detected" and highlighting the message just gives the standard options of telneting to the device, etc.

Any ideas on how to procede?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jim,

If you telnet to the device, look under the root (/local1/) director for the following directories...

/core_dir/

/crash/

In one of them will be a file that was created when a process failed and restarted. The file name will have a process name and a time stamp as part of it. The Cisco TAC has tools that can decode the actual cause of the crash and see if it's something that is known or not. I would take a full sysreport of the box, collect the crash file via FTP and attach those to a TAC case for them to review. They should be able to let you know what caused it and if there is any reason to be concerned along with any workarounds/related DDTS/code fixes that are out there for resolution.

FYI: The alarm will persist until you remove the crash file from the above directories. I usually "delfile" the file once I've FTPed it off.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jim,

If you telnet to the device, look under the root (/local1/) director for the following directories...

/core_dir/

/crash/

In one of them will be a file that was created when a process failed and restarted. The file name will have a process name and a time stamp as part of it. The Cisco TAC has tools that can decode the actual cause of the crash and see if it's something that is known or not. I would take a full sysreport of the box, collect the crash file via FTP and attach those to a TAC case for them to review. They should be able to let you know what caused it and if there is any reason to be concerned along with any workarounds/related DDTS/code fixes that are out there for resolution.

FYI: The alarm will persist until you remove the crash file from the above directories. I usually "delfile" the file once I've FTPed it off.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi,

What you are doing is on FTP server. You have to delete files on WAE appliance to turn off the alarm.

CLI commands:

NO-HOSTNAME#dir core_dir

NO-HOSTNAME#cd core_dir

NO-HOSTNAME#delfile

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: