Views
Helpful
Replies

Download speed from the particular site is slow

ttanemori
Level 1
Level 1

12.4(6)T11

After many tests, I found that my 1811 decreases the download speed from ibackup.com a lot. Without any routers or with the other simple router, it is around 90-120K/sec, but when traffic comes through 1811, it comes down to 20K/sec.

So far, ibackup.com shows extremely slow speed, and yousendit.com shows half speed if the traffic comes through 1811.

I am sure that it is because of my setting on the router, but I cannot find out what to check.

Speed test (speakeasy.net/speedtest) always shows a good number. There is no internal congestion.

Could you help me to find out what setting I should take a look?

Thank you very much.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using pppoe ?

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tom

Is it possible that the setting of duplex on the interface is mismatched? (or is there possible a speed setting issue on the interface?)

Perhaps it would be helpful if you would post the router config and the output of show interface.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you very much for your reply.

I do not think there is mismatched interface, but I will do a double check.

I have attached my configuration file.

If you can give me any advices, that will be a great help.

Thank you again.

To being with, remove all ip inspect statements. These do not protect from anything.

then you do NOT need:

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

ip virtual-reassembly

Also you will want be able to limit ACL and netflow on a single interface if possible.

Thank you very much for spending your time for me.

I know only SDM because I am a beginer of Cisco router.

I want to begin with removing ip inspection.

I went to "Interfaces and Connections" and opened "VLAN1."

Under Association tab, Inpect Rule for Inbound had SDM_LOW. I changed it to None, and I lost internet connection. Did I do something wrong? After I changed it back, it was restored.

Should I change SDM_LOW directly? When I go to "Applicaiton Secuirty" under "Firewall and ACL," SDM_LOW (policy name) shows several appications checked. Should I disable them here?

I am worried about any downtime to make a change. I do not understand why removing SDM_Low from VLAN caused internet disconnection.

Hi, do yourself a favor and stop using SDM now.

Not only is messing up you config, it also hides and prevents your from learning.

Just use telnet or SSH to the router and CLI, will become second nature after a little.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco