cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDP flooding in multticast

justanas1
Level 1
Level 1

I have IPTV solution, the streamer are connected to two C3560 switches, each streamer has two GE one is connected to the primary switch and the other GE is connected to the secondary switch. the VLAN of the IPTV is configured in the core switch not to the C3560 switches.

IGMP snooping and quirer are configured in both switches.

the problem is if i disable or connect one of the two GE, the video is distortion for arround one minute for the output of all streamers.

i connected one PC with Wireshark to the primary C3560 to check if there is flooding, i noticed that there are normal L2 traffic but if i connect or disconnect onr of the GE's i i start to recieve UDP from all streamers to all multicast addresses which i think is UDP flooding, the problem continue for arround 30-60 seconds then disappear.

how can i disable the flooding?

thanks

Anas

1 Reply 1

mike_guy29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anas,

I am not clear on the topology. Perhaps you could provide a diagram indicating the switches VLANS, IPTV servers and receivers. As well as maybe the appropriate configs and show commands. It should give me a better picture of whats happening and hopefully I can help you.

Regards

Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card