cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Service Provider to PSTN = Can it be done?

zakid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a client that wants to connect his voice gateway to a SIP service provider, so when he call this router from any where in the world, he will be able to access the Local PSTN.

I am not much familiar with SIP service provider, I think they provide VoIP trunk for outgoing calls, but you don't have a reachable number, which is completely different than using SIP phone client connected to a service provider, in this case, you have a reachable number.

Please clear this point to me.

Thank you

AT

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Of course you have a reachable number.

The router can perfectly emulate a SIP phone client, and more.

Thank you very much for your reply, but there is another question that will appear, how can the router still accept digits from the remote caller and direct him to the PSTN.

The SIP service provider will just match the number dialed and compare it with the current registered numbers, then it will forward the call to that number, once the router receives the call, how can it to still accept digits from the remote site, or should I use CUE with the script to do this job?

The router can give dialtone, voice prompts, CUE, TCL/IVR scripts, there is a variety of means.

I also wrote a callback service that let you save the most when doing these things.

The easiest way to imagine this is replacing your PRI with a SIP trunk. Unless you get into really deep specifics, you will never know the difference.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: