cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x turn off loop detection?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im trying to work around not creating contacts in Unity and using Call Handlers as contacts.

IE, In a call handler, the caller wants to transfer to an extension, but the extension is NOT a Subscriber. Typically, we would built a contact in AD or in this case Domino and import them.

I tried to create a call handler for transfer. I selected "4" as attempt to transfer to this new call handler.

I recorded a blank 2 second greeting, then after after greeting, go a new call handler. The new call handler had attempt to transfer and the extension.

It should transfer, but Unity thinks Im looping in the event logs and shuts it down.

I thought I could always do this but not?

anyway around this or did I miss something?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there -

Here's what I would modify on your call transfer handler:

- no greeting, leave blank

- select the Alternate Transfer rule, which will overide going to the call handler greeting

- select release to switch

- select the phone number, including any offnet requirements

You should not need two call handlers, just the one with the Alt transfer rule configured and invoked via the 4-key from your initial menu handler. I don't currently have a Unity server vm environment up to test, but I know we did this a lot when I worked at the County.

Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there -

Here's what I would modify on your call transfer handler:

- no greeting, leave blank

- select the Alternate Transfer rule, which will overide going to the call handler greeting

- select release to switch

- select the phone number, including any offnet requirements

You should not need two call handlers, just the one with the Alt transfer rule configured and invoked via the 4-key from your initial menu handler. I don't currently have a Unity server vm environment up to test, but I know we did this a lot when I worked at the County.

Ginger

I wonder why Standard did not work, but Alternate did.?!

That was it. I changed to the alt greeting and it worked.

?!

Cheers, hope all is well!

Hi - I'm happy I could assist! Doing well, setting up labs at home with working CUCM and CUC version 7.x ... too much fun and happy to have working systems to test with again :-)

Cheers to you too! Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: