Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call recording is possible in CUCM BE 7.1 without third party device

Could please some one light me how to do call recording in CUCM Business edtion 7.1 and also with call recording is possible with Unity 7 and CUE 7.

COuld please let me know the procedure of call recording in CUCM 7.1

5 Replies 5

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

CUCM does not have native call Recording. You will need to use a third party product. However, you can use the Live Record feature in either CUE or Unity. This allows for someone to conference in a call to a Live Record extension and record the converstation. When the call is terminated, the recorded file is saved in the user who started the recording voicemail.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

COuld you please suggest some third party cheep and good solution for voice recording, also I am not sure but I heard from some friend we are having linux os based voice recorder is avaliable it is free.

Please light more detail about voice recording.

Alot of good products and is Cisco certified. CallRex is a good cheap product. Cistera is another call recording product that I recommend. I would recommend doing a google search and you will find alot of products to choose from...

Kevin, can I make a friendly observation, you've missed the keyword here: "free", not "cheap".

Unfortunately, an objective sought with so much determination by more and more customers today.

Yep, Free is the buzz word by most. Generally with free you get no support and what you get is what you get. If you are savey enough to support a free product yourself, then by all means go for it. Otherwise, free may end up costing you in the long run anyways so its best to go ahead and do it correctly the first time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: