cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity and playing messages

alhaddad1000
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to configure the unity in such a way that unity doesn't read the e-mail and it reads only the voice messages!!

And also whenever I receive voice message and the outlook is opened the MWI is turning off as long as the outlook e-mail is opened, I am looking to make MWI on till the user is listening to message using his phone!!

I am using unity 5 with CUCM 6

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign users to a class of service that does not have the Text to Speech feature turned on - then emails will not be presented over the phone interface - just voice messages and faxes and receipts.

Not sure I understand your second item - Outlook just being open shouldn't have any effect unless you have some client side rule that's moving messages to a folder or something - unless I'm not understanding your scenario. If you're opening messages in Outlook and marking them read then Unity is going to turn the MWI off - it's based on the read/unread status of the message, which client does the toggling is not relevant.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign users to a class of service that does not have the Text to Speech feature turned on - then emails will not be presented over the phone interface - just voice messages and faxes and receipts.

Not sure I understand your second item - Outlook just being open shouldn't have any effect unless you have some client side rule that's moving messages to a folder or something - unless I'm not understanding your scenario. If you're opening messages in Outlook and marking them read then Unity is going to turn the MWI off - it's based on the read/unread status of the message, which client does the toggling is not relevant.

This is really helped me a lot, for the second point yes there is a rule which will make the light to turn off

Special thanks for your help and cooperation