cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity and playing messages

alhaddad1000
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to configure the unity in such a way that unity doesn't read the e-mail and it reads only the voice messages!!

And also whenever I receive voice message and the outlook is opened the MWI is turning off as long as the outlook e-mail is opened, I am looking to make MWI on till the user is listening to message using his phone!!

I am using unity 5 with CUCM 6

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign users to a class of service that does not have the Text to Speech feature turned on - then emails will not be presented over the phone interface - just voice messages and faxes and receipts.

Not sure I understand your second item - Outlook just being open shouldn't have any effect unless you have some client side rule that's moving messages to a folder or something - unless I'm not understanding your scenario. If you're opening messages in Outlook and marking them read then Unity is going to turn the MWI off - it's based on the read/unread status of the message, which client does the toggling is not relevant.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign users to a class of service that does not have the Text to Speech feature turned on - then emails will not be presented over the phone interface - just voice messages and faxes and receipts.

Not sure I understand your second item - Outlook just being open shouldn't have any effect unless you have some client side rule that's moving messages to a folder or something - unless I'm not understanding your scenario. If you're opening messages in Outlook and marking them read then Unity is going to turn the MWI off - it's based on the read/unread status of the message, which client does the toggling is not relevant.

This is really helped me a lot, for the second point yes there is a rule which will make the light to turn off

Special thanks for your help and cooperation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: