Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peers/Voice-Translation

js
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We currently have a Cisco 3825 Router with 3 VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE BRI Cards. Everything is working as it should, but I'm trying to change our dial-out number. With this I mean the number that is displayed on the telephone of the called party.

Only 2 BRI cards are currently used and those are linked to 4 NT1 ISDN boxes. Those 4 NT1 boxes are made out of 2 groups. Both groups have a different telephonenumber. Because of the 2 groups, we dial out with 2 different phonenumbers. 1 of them is +31-xxx-xxx-4030. Other is +31-xxx-xxx-2480.

I have 12 Dial-Peers(6 for incoming, 6 for outgoing) and 6 Voice-ports configured. Only 8 Dial-peers and 4 Voice-Ports are currently used. The router randomly selects a dial-peer and each dial-peer has a voice-port.

I've read a lot of documents regarding Voice Translation/Dial-Peers etc, but now I'm just confused and don't know what to do anymore.

When I dial-out I want the phone number to be shown +31-xxx-xxx-4080 instead of 4030 and also change the other one to +31-xxx-xxx-4080.

The dial-peer and voice-port config wasn't done by me.

I took out the Voice-Translation Rule/Profile I had, because it wasn't working.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some hints about how to do this.

Some parts of our config:

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 ^% 00 national national

Rule 1 ^% 000 international national

Group 1: +31-xxx-xxx-2480

voice-port 0/0/0

translate calling 1

compand-type a-law

cptone NL

!

voice-port 0/0/1

translate calling 1

compand-type a-law

cptone NL

!

Group 2: +31-xxx-xxx-4030

voice-port 0/1/0

translate calling 1

compand-type a-law

cptone NL

!

voice-port 0/1/1

translate calling 1

compand-type a-law

cptone NL

!

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

description Outgoing ISDN

preference 7

destination-pattern 0T

progress_ind setup enable 3

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 1001 pots

destination-pattern 0T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 1002 pots

destination-pattern 0T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 1003 pots

destination-pattern 0T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/1

!

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all, if it confusing to you, why do not you call again a professional to complete the configuration ?

The, you should put the lines in trunk-group, that will reduce the number of DPs.

You can also set the calling number with isdn calling-number under each interface.

Thanks for the info p.bevilacqua. I'm going to do some research about trunk-groups and see if I can configure that as well.

The ISDN configuration was done by a professional, because we wanted to speed things up, since no one of us had any experience with configuring a Cisco Router.

I'm just an intern here at Clubmessage and my task is to configure this router and it's features and learn about it.

I already managed to configure what I want, sort of. I created a dial-plan pattern and configured a voice-translation rule/profile and put this in dial-peer voice 1002 pots. And it does work, IF dial-peer 1002 gets selected.

The first step is done. Now I can finally move on with configuring.

More tips and tricks are always welcome.

Thanks,

As you have the dial-peers already configured I would just place a preference on each and then add the relevant translation profile to each of the voice ports.

Is it possible to configure a ephone-dn to use a specified dial-peer? Like ephone-dn 3 to only use dial-peer voice 1002 pots?

There are two way, one is COR, other is number manipulation.

Whata re you trying to achieve in practice ?

First of all, Thank you.

We have 4 NT1 ISDN Boxes, they consist of 2 groups. Group 1 consists of 2 NT1 Boxes and has the telephone number +31-xxx-xxx-4030. Group 2 consists of the other 2 and has the telephone number +31-xxx-xxx-2480.

The 4030 has a range of phonenumbers attached to it. 4080 is one of them. 2480 only has 1 phone number. I already managed to configure our dail-out number with group 1 to +31-xxx-xxx-4080 instead of +31-xxx-xxx-4030 with voice-translation.

My superior told me to look if it is possible to attach certain ephones to the outgoing dial-peers that are connected to the Group 1 NT1 boxes so they will always dial-out with +31-xxx-xxx-4080. In this case the dial-peers connected to that group are, dial-peer voice 1002 pots and dial-peer voice 1003 pots. At the moment the router randomly chooses a dial-peer and sometimes dials out with +31-xxx-xxx-2480.

I hope this is clear enough.

It is a bit complicated, but can be done. I would use COR for this.

First, configure group 1 interfaces in trunk-group like BRI-4030.

Similarly, for the group 2 interfaces in TG BRI-2480.

Create a 2 DPs one referencing said TGs, On the DP for BRI-2480 place cor-list outgoing with any name.

For the phones that must use BRI-4030, configure an ephone-dn-template and cor incoming zzz. Nothing on all other phones.

The two corlist can be left empty, it will work on certain properties of corlist that would be too long to explain here.

It may take a while to get it working, so be patient.

Thank you. I'll give it a try and research it before I do something stupid.

Our system is already live, if I configure the trunk-groups and reconfigure the dial-peers, what will happen?

Do you perhaps have some config documents that can help me with this?

You have to do the work outside office hours, it's difficult to do it without disrupting calls.

You can search "Configuring Class of Restrictions (COR)", but there is no document that summarize all the points, because you will have a custom optimized configuration.

Alright, Thank you. Really appreciate it.

Guess I got some homework to do:P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: