cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 Different power input

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

We are looking to move our power from 110 to 220. We have 2 power supplies running in a non-redundant configuration. Is this ok to move one supply at a time to 220 without causing problems?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Check the power supply box. If it says 110-220, then you are fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Check the power supply box. If it says 110-220, then you are fine.

Great, thank you very much. I had thought this would be fine but I wanted to 100% sure.

Thanks again,

Mike

Anytime. Please mark this thread resolved if it is.

You may want to check the following document for further and future reference as it contains what happens when you swap/add power supplies of equal/unequal wattage.

Table A-43 Effects of Power Supply Configuration Changes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Chassis_Installation/Cat6500/0apwsply.html#wp1030022

Thank you very much. This is actually the document I was looking at, and although it did say power supplies of unequal output, it did not say anything about different inputs. But after reading another document which explained that the power supplies are completely isolated, i come to the determination that the input did not matter because it is converted into the output, which is what matters. I hope I am not off the mark here. Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card