need information regarding geting license

Unanswered Question

hi all,

I have got the Product authorization key for the ccm publisher and ccm subscriber server (To get the node license). when i entered the PAK key on the licensing link ( it asked for the mac address. i entered the mac address of the publisher server to get the node license for both the publisher as well as subscriber. I want to know whether i did the right thing or i have to enter the subscriber mac address when i was using the PAK key for subscriber server.



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Hythim Ali El Hadad Wed, 10/14/2009 - 04:36
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Naresh,

Kindly there is no need to add the license on the SUB

it is added only on PUB

Only you'll need the MAC address of the PUB and the PAK

And go to :

he'll ask about this info only and the license files will be sent to you after about 1-hour through the mail

then upload the license files to the PUB

If the PUB have any hardware problem and you'll change the server ,you'll need to open a TAC to have a license for the new server MAC address

wish these be helpful

Rob Huffman Wed, 10/14/2009 - 04:36
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

  • Cisco Designated VIP,

    2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Naresh,

You did the "right" thing my friend :) Because the Publisher is also the Licensing Manager, all Licenses will reference the Publisher MAC.




This Discussion