Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE Device recovery Error

Paul Pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

A WAE device shows off line in the CM, however, it is accessable. When trying to recover the unit with "cms recover identity default" after de-activating the device and marking it as recoverable, it fails with the following output:

-admin-shell: spawnp: verify binary file: /sw/merlot/bin/spen: No such file or directory

Error spawning user process '/sw/merlot/bin/spen': No such file or directory

Anyone seen this? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul,

I would say it looks like a corrupt software install, I would do a rescue DC installation which wipes clean the disk and re-installs all the code. You can download the rescue CD image (.iso) from cisco.com, burn it to CD and pop it in and reboot. Follow the instructions here:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v413/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105207

That should give you a fresh installation. I recommend doing 2, 3, 5, 7, and 8 to get a completely fresh install. Step 7 and 8 usually take a while to complete.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

Do "show disk detail", do you have all the HDs online and are the partitions all showing up?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. Did the "show disk details" . Also did "show alarms major" and none are present. Below is output:

Show disks detail

RAID Physical disk information:

disk00: Online BJ5044YH 286102 MB

disk01: Online BJ5044JT 286102 MB

disk02: Online BJ5044TM 286102 MB

RAID Logical drive information:

Drive 1: RAID-5 Okay

Enabled (read-cache) Enabled (write-back)

Mounted file systems:

MOUNT POINT TYPE DEVICE SIZE INUSE FREE USE%

/sw internal /dev/sda1 991MB 16MB 975MB 1%

/swstore internal /dev/sda2 991MB 16MB 975MB 1%

/state internal /dev/sda3 7935MB 131MB 7804MB 1%

/local/local1 SYSFS /dev/sda6 22318MB 141MB 22177MB 0%

.../local1/spool PRINTSPOOL /dev/data1/spool 991MB 32MB 959MB 3%

/obj1 CONTENT /dev/data1/obj 121015MB 128MB 120887MB 0%

/dre1 CONTENT /dev/data1/dre 119031MB 128MB 118903MB 0%

/ackq1 internal /dev/data1/ackq 1189MB 32MB 1157MB 2%

/plz1 internal /dev/data1/plz 2379MB 65MB 2314MB 2%

Show alarms major

Major Alarms:

-------------

None

Any idea's?

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

I would say it looks like a corrupt software install, I would do a rescue DC installation which wipes clean the disk and re-installs all the code. You can download the rescue CD image (.iso) from cisco.com, burn it to CD and pop it in and reboot. Follow the instructions here:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v413/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105207

That should give you a fresh installation. I recommend doing 2, 3, 5, 7, and 8 to get a completely fresh install. Step 7 and 8 usually take a while to complete.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I was going to do as this was what I suspected as well.

Just wanted to check all possibilities first, sanity check :).

Thanks again for your response.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: