Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.5a upgrade

johng231
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade from 4.1.3a to 4.1.5a, is there any special way of performing the upgrade that I should be aware of? Has anyone done this upgrade and notice any improvements or improved CIFS capabilities? I'm planning on doing the upgrade this weekend, I want to make sure if I should hold off if there isn't really any difference than the version I'm running. I only upgraded the CM to 4.1.5a for now.

4 Replies 4

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

You are approaching the upgrade from the right method, CM first and then the optimizers. I usually recommend your core WAEs next (Data Centers) and then the edges.

More info can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v415/release/notes/ws415xrn.html#wp43163

Hope that helps,

Dan

Dan - In the document you recommended to John there is this upgrade requirement:

"Upgrading to version 4.1.5x is supported only from versions 4.0.19, 4.0.25, 4.1.1d, 4.1.3a, and 4.1.3b. If you want to upgrade a WAAS device running a different version, first upgrade to 4.0.19, 4.0.25, 4.1.1d, 4.1.3a, or 4.1.3b, and then upgrade to version 4.1.5x."

So to be clear, if I am running 4.1.3 and want to upgrade to 4.1.5a, I first must go to 4.1.3a(or b) and then to 4.1.5a?

If so is there that much difference between 4.1.3 and 4.1.3a?

Jim,

The upgrade paths documented in the release notes were tested by Engineering. For full support by the Cisco TAC, I recommend that the upgrade path be followed.

Dan

Hi

I have upgraded from 4.1.3b to 4.1.5b. After the upgrade the WAE shows offline in the Central manger. The Have critical alarms.