Caller-ID info in VM Notifications

Answered Question
Oct 14th, 2009
User Badges:

Greetings all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the "message from:" field information in a CUE voicemail notification email?  The caller number comes across but not the name.

Thanks.

Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 7 months ago

Hi Michael,

No, CUE only has a database of internal users that have mailbox on the system. AFAIK, there isn't any workaround. I will check with CUE team to see if they have any enhancement on their roadmap.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 7 months ago

The "Message From:" field will include name only for internal callers - i.e. if there is a match against the internal CUE database.

-Saurabh

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Wed, 10/14/2009 - 10:44
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The "Message From:" field will include name only for internal callers - i.e. if there is a match against the internal CUE database.

-Saurabh

Michael Dougherty Wed, 10/14/2009 - 10:46
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply.  How can that DB be populated?  Or can the CUE use an external CID DB such as VeriSign?

Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Wed, 10/14/2009 - 11:00
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Michael,

No, CUE only has a database of internal users that have mailbox on the system. AFAIK, there isn't any workaround. I will check with CUE team to see if they have any enhancement on their roadmap.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Michael Dougherty Wed, 10/14/2009 - 11:21
User Badges:

Well that is unfortunate.  I have a few clients that are complaining about that issue.  I hope the Cisco seriously considers make some changes in that area of the CUE among others.

Thanks for your time it is appriciated.

Actions

This Discussion