cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Greeting Repeats itself

tinagomez
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Cisco Unity 7.0. When one of our user's line is called from an external number his greeting repeats itself before the beep is heard to leave a message. Any idea how to correct this? I have deleted his profile and re-added it and it still happens. I have compared his settings with a like user and they are all the same.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most common issue here is the "reprompt the user..." check box all the way at the bottom of the greeting page is checked and a "1" is in there. This means it'll replay it once (total of twice). It's easy to miss since often it's scrolled off the bottom.

also make sure you're looking at the correct greeting if multiple are active.

That did the trick! One of greetings was set at 2. But I went through all of them and made sure they were all unchecked. Thanks! Now I am having a problem with the same user that there is not BEEP tone after the greeting. He has not recorded his own greeting so I have asked him to do that and then we'll see if it works. Thanks!

Actually, I spoke too soon. The problem still exists. Any other suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: