Problem with Auto Attendant

Answered Question
Oct 14th, 2009

Hello,

I do an standard configuration about Auto Attendant with the AA script. I configured business and closed hours with different message.

For business hours, callers press 1 for administrative and commercial service and 2 for technique service.

For closed hours, they have to press 9 to continue on the VoiceMail.

But I have a big problem! the AA doesn’t work. I don’t understand.

The schedule are correctly configured.

I specify in Telephony > Dial Plan > Outgoing in Caller ID Main PSTN Number : Auto Attendant : AA 1 (xxxxxxx30). It is the same number as AA PSTN Number.

The problem is when I call the PSTN Number (xxxxxxx30), my phone directly ring. There is no AA, any message!

If I specify another AA PSTN Number in Telephony > Auto Attendant like xxxxxxx36 and if I call it, the AA work.

Maybe it’s a Dial Plan problem but I am not sure. I don’t know where I must to look for.

I have a hunt group...

You have screenshots of my configuration as attachments.

Somebody have an idea please.

Thank you and regards.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 1 month ago

I'm a little confused with your design,

When calls come in to DID 354680430, do you want it to be forwarded to the AA or to the operator? Looks like you want to forward this to the AA, but in your configuration, you are translating this DID to 501. If you wish to send these calls to AA, you should setup the translation to 400. Or use a different DID to be dedicated to the AA (like the one ending in 36).

Thanks,

Saurabh

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Wed, 10/14/2009 - 10:51

I'm a little confused with your design,

When calls come in to DID 354680430, do you want it to be forwarded to the AA or to the operator? Looks like you want to forward this to the AA, but in your configuration, you are translating this DID to 501. If you wish to send these calls to AA, you should setup the translation to 400. Or use a different DID to be dedicated to the AA (like the one ending in 36).

Thanks,

Saurabh

final-reseaux Fri, 10/16/2009 - 00:37

Ok, you have right. It's a mistake.

But it doesn't work.

The problem is when I modified the ligne in Incoming Dial Plan with the OPERATOR 501 to the AA 400, the ligne is correctly created but ligne with OPERATOR 501  stay !!!

Look the screenshot.

If delete the Hunt group, the ligne in Incomin Dial Plan stay. It's very strange...

Look the screenshot.

Do you have an idea ?

Attachment: 
Saurabh Verma Fri, 10/16/2009 - 05:56

Did you try to modify the existing entry? I would recommend that you either modify the existing one or delete the old one and then proceed to create a new one.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Actions

This Discussion