cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.x and CCM 4.x

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

I have a particular call center manager who suggests that when callers leave a VM, they are not actually received by his agents. I've tested the IPCC script and it correctly routes calls to the Unity subscriber extension.

My question is - is there a CDR record that would show a calling number and the Unity subscriber extension whenever a voice mail is left?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amir,

This should help you determine this info;

Subscriber Message Activity Report

Use the Subscriber Message Activity report to diagnose voice message problems reported by a subscriber (for example, voice messages are not being sent or received, or the message waiting indicator is not being turned on or off properly). You generate this report for an individual subscriber only.

The Subscriber Message Activity report includes the following information:

Date and Time The date and time that the subscriber took action on the message.

Source Either the computer or the phone that generated the message activity.

Action Taken in Response to Message The activity that took place in regards to voice messages (for example, New Message, Message Read, Save, Delete, Mark New, Login, and Logoff).

The actions MWI On Requested and MWI On Completed indicate, respectively, that Cisco Unity sent a request to the phone system to turn on the MWI and received a request-completed confirmation. In cases where the phone system does not provide a confirmation, Cisco Unity assumes the request was successful.

Number of New Messages The number of new voice messages in the subscriber mailbox.

Sender's Name and DTMF The name and extension of the message sender, if known.

Date and Time Message Arrived The date and time that the message arrived in the mailbox.

Dial Out Number The number to which a message notification was sent.

Dial Out Result The result of the outgoing call for the message notification. Possible results include:

Busy The dialed number was busy.

Connected The called party answered the phone.

Failure The call failed.

Port Disabled All ports for outgoing calls were disabled.

Port Unavailable No ports were available for the outgoing call.

RNA (Ring No Answer) The dialed number did not answer.

Release The result is unknown. This typically happens for notifications sent to pagers.

Unknown The result is unknown.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Hope you are well. I ran that report and a pop up stated it was queued. I then rdp'ed into my server and drilled down to this path and nothing was there:

E:\CommServer\Reports\

Perhaps I'm impatient! : )

You should be able to see if the job finish running by launch port status monitor -> click on the folder button.

By default the data get updated every 30minutes.

Check application log for any error when the report is run.

The port status monitor showed a bunch of reports queued up. I waited a while and finally got my Subcriber Message Activity Report.

Is there any way (within CCM, IPCC or Unity) to find a db record which shows the calling number?

1.Calling station calls IPCC Script

2. Script queues call and caller opts to leave a voice mail

3. Caller leaves Voice mail

The Subcriber Message Activity Report does not give me the calling number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: