cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Auth Fail" error

zzbronski
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting and "Auth Fail" message on a 7965 that is trying to upload the new firmware version 8.5.3 for sccp to prepare for the DTS bug fix when we go to 6.1.4. How can I fix this?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kimble,

We were working on a similar thread last week and the issue turns out to be that the phone firmware needs to be @ 8.5.2 before trying to go to 8.5.3 (I know)this was passed along by Markus :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, I tried that and it did upgrade.

Do you know how to get the 8.5.2 firmware???

I have the same issue with 'Auth Fail' and the phone now stuck in a booting loop

I try to download the firmware (cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.8-5-2.zip)

from the Cisco site and get the message

'Cisco service contract information indicates you are not authorized to download software for the following product(s)'

I have active service contracts for CallManager/Unified Communications Manager, CallManager Express, UC520, UC540, Unity, Unity Express, IPCC/UCCX

I do not have contacts for individual phones.

Surely if the issue is caused by a bug, Cisco should allow people to download the firmware that fixes that bug????

Hi Brendan

Unfortunately this is very common. Cisco tightened up access to code downloads on CCO about 6 months ago which has resulted in a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth from my perspective. The tightened up access doesn't seem to understand when UCSS is active on a contract for example - therefore if my original service contract was taken out for CUCM version 6, I *should* have access to all subsequent releases. This doesn't however happen and I can't get to version 7 or version 8 downloads and causes me a whole load of wasted time and effort despite my service contract entitling me to them (and paying Cisco a lot of money every year for the privelege).

If you have a valid service contract for telephony platforms, then you should be able to download handset firmware. On the error message you mention above there is a contact email - if you drop them a line with your details, service contract numbers and the file you want to download, they should make the file available to you.

HTH. Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: